This system is designed to track animals in the field. It has the capability of being completely autonomous due to the PV (Photovoltaic) solar panel and a rechargeable Li-Po battery. The communication selected is Sigfox due to the simplicity and the well-balanced among power consumption, cost and coverage.
- Step-up/Step-down converter LTC3106.
- Microcontroller ST Microelectronics STM32L431.
- Sigfox module WSSFM10R1AT.
- GNSS Module L76L-M33: is a concurrent receiver module integrating GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS systems. With 33 tracking channels, 99 acquisition channels and 210 PRN channels, L76-L can acquire and track any mix of GPS, GLONASS and SBAS signals.
- Accelerometer MMA8453Q.
- LP803450-CI 3.7V@1400mAh.
I was the product owner of the electronic design.
Used technologies: Altium, C and Sigfox.